Saturday, August 11, 2012

WIN73Z

Here is another really nice young man. WIN73Z weighed in at 45.2 lbs at 32 days. He has a wonderful 1.05 lbs per day rate of gain at this point. He is also a really good looker. Very independent he is often found away from proud mum WIN66Y (out of Shorty (from the Mammoth line) and Buster). Proud Papa is Odo. I must say I am very happy that I kept his mum as I had her up for sale for a short time before having a change of heart. WIN66Y was a triplet lamb and the smallest of the three. She has since grown nicely and now has really done a nice job of this little guy. You would not know looking at his colour that he is a cross lamb. WIN73Z is 3/4 Katahdin and 1/4 Dorper. This is why I keep meticulous records. I don't believe in selling something that is a cross as a purebred even if they do look it!!! This young man will make an excellent sire for a commercial flock. Look for him on our sale page in September or October.




No comments:

Post a Comment